Frequently asked questions
Q. Why should I choose Activyl® for my pet?
A. Choose Activyl®
to provide an optimum level of care for your dog or cat:
- Unique bioactivation means it only becomes active once inside the flea, to deliver full flea-killing power.
- Kills adult fleas to prevent itchy bites (flea allergy dermatitis) and spread of diseases such as tapeworms.
- Breaks the flea life cycle - kills flea eggs and larvae in the environment and prevents reinfestation to keep your pet and home flea free.
- Fast acting - starts to work immediately after it is applied, kills 90% of fleas within 12 hours of first application.
- Easy to use and apply.
- Quick drying.
- Water fast in dogs and effective after shampooing in dogs and cats.
Q. How does bioactivation work?
A. Flea products with bioactivation only become highly active insecticides on contact with enzymes found inside fleas. When there are no fleas around, the treatment remains in its less active form. This combination of efficacy on fleas and gentleness on pets is what makes flea products with bioactivation different.
Q. I hear that the problem is also in my house, as well as on my pet. How do I break the life cycle of the flea?
A. It is correct that up to 95% of the flea burden is in the home – as eggs, larvae and pupae – and that treating your home is an essential part of helping your pet remain flea free. Activyl® also treats immature stages of the flea life cycle, providing a comprehensive solution to your flea problem. However, you should also take steps to reduce the flea burden, such as vacuuming and washing your pet’s bedding. In severe infestations, a specific treatment for your home may be needed.